Having the ugly distorted spring logo on my desktop for a while next to the pretty AFLobby and Spring Lobby icons, I knew I needed to do something about it. So I redid the spring icon, and Satirik adopted the icon, and made a new splash screen to suite.
This is all fine and dandy untill you realise that not all is good and fine:
- There’s already a project called ‘Spring Lobby’ which you can visit here.
- The icon is identical to that of spring.exe.
- It encourages the confusion of new users who can’t distinguish between tasclient and spring itself.
- It doesn’t give satirik and betalord due credit (a side effect of the above item) as new users immediately assume the spring developers made the program, and not that the program is a project in it’s own right.
- It isn’t exactly original.
So I set out to remedy this as shown below:
These are unofficial at the moment, and I hope satirik likes them enough to use them in his next version ^_^. There’s a second icon available that’s similar, but in my opinion it’s not as good, but I put it in, just in case someone disagrees.
I made a few modifications to the 16×16 version of the icons to make them prettier after some feedback from betalord :